Today I’d like to share with you how easy it is to renew your road tax today, at the comfort of your home using the online service by myeg.com.my. Please kindly refer to the attachment below, as I have summarized the process in visual format (jpeg). Please also note that this is my real transaction.
But before that, here are a few things you need to have/know prior to using this service:
- Internet connection, preferably broadband coz this will involve online payment.
- Your credit card ready (If you opt for CC payment). There are 3 methods of payment, you’ll find it in one of the attachments.
- Your insurance is already renewed. They also have online motor vehicle insurance renewal service, but mine has already been taken care by my agent. So I only use the Road Tax renewal service.
- Note that if you opt for Home/Office Delivery, and if you’re staying in Klang Valley, you’ll get your road tax the next day if your transaction takes place before 6 p.m. (it is the cut-off time). Otherwise you can opt for self-collection from your chosen e-Services Centre.
- Your Vehicle Registration Certification aka “Geran” is still with the Bank?! Don’t fret. You don’t even need it. I have confirmed this with myeg.
- They charged me RM6 for delivery, and RM2.75 for their service charge. Altogether RM8.75, which I find very minimal (as compared to engaging with a runner). I’m sure I would fork out more than that if I were to do it by myself i.e. go to the bank and post office/JPJ (fuel, parking fees, time and not to mention all the other unexpected risks I could bear on my way there).
Now all I have to do is to check on my mailbox tomorrow. Easy peasy, don’t you think?!
So go ahead, log on now to myeg.com.my to renew your roadtax and/or Motor Vehicle insurance.
Thanks and have a nice day ahead.
p/s: I’m a mere user, not a staff of myeg. Why am I doing this? Why not? Sharing is caring, right? For more info you can just browse their website at myeg.com.my.